LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) – Columbia Gas crews have stopped a leak caused by a contractor that struck a gas line in a commercial area of Longmeadow late Thursday morning.
Fire Chief Eric Madison told 22News that firefighters were called to Dwight Road and Converse Street just before 11:40 A.M., after a contractor hired by the town for a drainage project struck a line that services the office building at 136 Dwight Road.
Madison said that gas readings were taken all throughout the area, including inside nearby office buildings. They also shut down the air conditioning systems in those buildings to ensure that no natural gas was being sucked up into the buildings.
Andrea Luppi, spokesperson for Columbia Gas, said that crews have shut off the gas in the area, and work on the repairs. The leak was fixed around 3:00 P.M.