CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) The nights may be cool, but it’s still the perfect time to cook up some simple summer veggies. Cindy Anschutz Barbieri from Cindy’s Table showed us how to make Summer Roasted Vegetables with Herb Zucchini Pasta.
Summer Roasted Vegetables with Herb Zucchini Pasta
- 2 summer squash, halved lengthwise then sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, into noodles
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed and torn
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons or more sea salt
- 1 teaspoon or more freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add squash, tomatoes, onion and garlic on a large baking sheet. Drizzle vegetables with oil, and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat and then spread evenly. Roast until tender and starting to brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take your food processor, spiral vegetable slicer, mandolin or vegetable peeler* and create noodles with your zucchini.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat add in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add in zucchini noodles and toss around using tongs for about 2 minutes. Add in basil, thyme, parsley, rosemary, 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Toss around and cook for another 2 minutes. Chop up garlic and add in the pan along with the other vegetables and toss together until warm; about 2 minutes.
- Add to a large platter and enjoy!
- I love to top with freshly grated parmesan cheese!