HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – The Department of Public Works announced starting Thursday, August 21st, they will start preparing 19 roads in Holyoke for resurfacing.
Crews from Garrity Asphalt Reclaiming, Inc. under contract with the Department will begin removing the old asphalt surface on:
- Whitney Avenue from I-91 to Lower Westfield Road
- Gordon Drive from Whiting Farms Road to end
- Whiting Farms Road from Northampton Street to Sullivan Road
- Longwood Avenue from Northampton Street to Martin Street
- Hillcrest Avenue from Martin Street to E. Promenade
- Michigan Avenue from Westfield Road to Downing Avenue
- Pleasant Street from Appleton Street to Highland Avenue
- Magnolia Avenue from W. Franklin Street to end
- Beech Street from W. Franklin Street to Hampshire Street
- Chestnut Street from Appleton Street to Dwight Street
- Sargeant Street from High Street to Commercial Street
- Mosher Street from Bowers Street to Canal Street
- Vadnais Street from Northampton Street to George Street
- Central Park Drive from Mountain View Drive to end
- Lindor Heights from Easthampton Road to end
- Discol Lane from Lindor Heights to end
- Woods Avenue from Francis Avenue to Hillside Avenue
- Main Street from Prew Avenue to Anderson Hill
- Apremont Highway from Westfield Road to Dupuis Road
The Palmer Paving Corporation of Palmer will start resurfacing the streets list above on August 27th and continue over the next month until the job is finished.
During construction, there will be parking restrictions on these streets, with signs posted. Also, residents are reminded to use caution when traveling down these construction zones; using alternate routes are strongly recommended.
This road resurfacing work will cost about $880,000 and is funded through Chapter 90 State Highway Aid to cities and towns.