(WWLP-WPRI) – Eight Rhode Island beaches are closing to swimmers, after the state’s Department of Health found high bacteria counts in the water, our sister station WPRI-TV reports.
The beaches are spread throughout the Ocean State, and include town and state beaches:
- Scarborough State Beach (North and South) in Narragansett
- Goddard Memorial State Park Beach in Warwick
- Easton’s Beach in Newport
- Third Beach in Middletown
- Peabody’s Beach in Middletown
- Barrington Town Beach in Barrington
- Warren Town Beach in Warren
- Conimicut Point Beach in Warwick
Bacteria levels are being monitored at those beaches, and the health department will recommend their re-opening once they’re deemed to be safe.