Family homeless following State Street fire

Pioneer Valley Red Cross will be assisting the family

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Springfield family returned home on Saturday to find out that a fire had damaged their apartment and they could no longer live there.

Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News an electric iron left on a bed had caused the second floor fire at 653 State Street in Springfield’s Mason Square neighborhood.

Leger said he notified the Pioneer Valley Red Cross that the family was homeless and needed a place to spend the night.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s