SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Basketball Hall of Fame’s enshrinement weekend is underway. The Class of 2014 includes 10 inductees. Headlined by former NBA Commissioner David Stern.
The public will have a chance to get a Hall of Famer’s autograph. The signing starts Thursday, August 7th at 12:30 p.m. and lasts until 1:30 p.m. There will also be a news conference at 2pm, where the Hall of Famers will receive their jackets. Thursday night, there will be the reunion dinner that leads up to the Enshrinement Ceremony on Friday night, August 8th, at Springfield’s Symphony Hall.
Here’s the entire class of 2014:
- Nolan Richardson: former Arkansas coach, part of RUN TMC in Golden State
- Mitch Richmond
- Bob Leonard: ABA coach
- Immaculata University: one of the greatest women’s basketball schools
- Guy Rodgers: starred at Temple, 4 time NBA all star
- Nat Clifton: 2nd African American to sign an NBA contract
- Sarunas Marciulionis: first Soviet player in the NBA
- Alonzo Mourning: 7-time all star
- David Stern: former Commissioner
- Gary Williams: Maryland coach
On Friday night, August 8th, the highlight should be when Magic Johnson and Larry Bird present David Stern into the Hall of Fame. Thursday and Friday is a great chance to see some NBA legends up close and personal in downtown Springfield.