SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) – The Gray House in Springfield needs your help feeding families in need.
The Pantry’s director, Dena Calvanese, told 22News donations typically drop in the summer months with families taking vacations, but their need goes up because kids are out of school and parents have to feed their kids three meals instead of two.
Calvanese said they need protein, healthy breakfast foods and pasta the most, although their supplies are low across the board.
She said they have been forced to cut back the amount of food they can give to the families they serve.
Calvanese also said more families started needing help after food stamp benefits were cut last year. They are currently helping about a hundred families.
Gray House, Inc.
22 Sheldon Street
Springfield MA 01107
Located at 22 Sheldon Street in the North End of Springfield, MA, the Gray House is accessible from any direction
From the South
- Take Interstate 91 to Exit 10 (Main Street).
- Take a right at the end of the off-ramp and head south on Main Street.
- Take a right onto Sheldon Street at the first set of lights.
From the North
- Take Interstate 91 (Springfield) to Exit 11 (Birnie Avenue).
- Take a left at the end of the off-ramp and head north on Birnie Avenue.
- Take the second left (Arch Street) and another immediate left onto Sheldon Street.