CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Love a good old BLT but trying to avoid the carbs? Try this Deconstructed BLT with Claudine Gaj, the owner of the Magic Spoon Catering.
- 1 pint cherry/grape tomatoes
- Core end of romaine lettuce shred to a fine angle hair consistancy
- 1/4 cup garlic croutons crushed to a powder
- 1.5 cup mayo
- 2 slices crispy bacon
- 1 tsp. Baco Bits
- 1.5 tsp. salad supreme mix by McCormicks
- .5 tsp. dry mustard
- dash of pepper
- 1 tsp. chives fresh or dried
- Pinch of dried dill, parsley
In a food processor crush up all dry ingredients for the bacon mayo (till the bacon bit are crushed.)
add mayo, chives and process till well combined
scrape down sides of bowl and mix so all ingredients are mixed together.
put mayo in a freezer bag and refrigerate for 1-2 hours