CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Due to severe weather that passed through western Mass. Wednesday night, storm damage was reported throughout.
The National Weather Service had issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for all of western Mass. during Wednesday’s storm. The storm brought hail, heavy downpours, and thunder.
Below is the damage reported by National Weather Service Skywarn spotters:
- 7:28 p.m. – Williamsburg: Tree down on Goshen Road.
- 7:32 p.m. – Goshen: Tree down on wires on West Road.
- 7:35 p.m. – Williamsburg: Tree down on Petticoat Road.
- 7:50 p.m. – Hatfield: Several limbs down.
- 7:55 p.m. – Northampton: Lightning struck a chimney on Crosby Street, causing damage to the chimney.
- 7:55 p.m. – Northampton: Tree down across Florence Road.
- 8:17 p.m. – Holyoke: Trees down on Northampton Street.
- 8:57 p.m. – Westfield: Underpass at East Mountain Road and Route 20 flooded with 12 inches of water.
- 10:10: p.m. – Chester: 1.12″ of rain in one hour. 1.25″ of rain for the event.
All the damages reported were cleared.
Follow the 22News Storm Team for the latest weather updates on-air and on WWLP.com.