Two families homeless following Springfield house fire

Fire started in unattended kitchen

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – 10 people are homeless on Saturday night after a fire in the Forest Park section of Springfield.

8 adults and two children are without a place to live. They’re being helped by the Pioneer Valley Red Cross. The two families lived at 17 Woodside Terrace.

Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News the department’s new canine oxygen mask helped save the life of a pet Chihuahua.

The animal had inhaled some smoke. The cause of the fire was leaving the kitchen unattended while cleaning the oven.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus