CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Tired from a long day at work? We made Chicken with Lemon-Mustard Sauce and Seared Radicchio with Chef Franco Dell’Olio.
Chicken with Lemon-Mustard Sauce
and Seared Radicchio
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast, sliced into thin cutlet
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth, for cooking
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained and rinse
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. butter, cold, cubed
- 1 head radicchio, quartered through core
- Place flour in a shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add half the cutlet, cook until lightly browned and cook through, 1 to 3 minuets per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Cook remaining cutlets, and transfer to plate, cover.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth to skillet; cook over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced to ¾ cup, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, and whisk in mustard, capers, lemon juice, and any juices on plate from chicken. Add butter, and whisk until creamy, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken cutlet to the sauce, cook for about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a plate cover and keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Add remaining olive oil, and place over high heat. Add radicchio, cut side down, and sear, without turning until lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and repeat on other side. To serve: plate chicken and radicchio and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with lemon twist and chopped fresh parsley.