CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Here’s what we’re working on at WWLP.com this Fourth of July afternoon:
- The approach of Hurricane Arthur off the coast has caused several Independence Day celebrations to be postponed or cancelled. Fireworks displays in Springfield, Amherst, and South Hadley have all been moved to Saturday night. Check out the most updated 4th of July Schedule.
- 22News Storm Team Meteorologist Ashley Baylor is tracking Hurricane Arthur from Chatham on Cape Cod. Tonight starting at 5, see how the storm is having an effect on this popular tourist destination on this busy weekend.
- Meanwhile, the cleanup continues for residents of western Massachusetts from last night’s severe storms. The National Weather Service is investigating whether a microburst hit Sunderland on Thursday night.
- As people get ready for 4th of July barbecues, we’re working for you with a recall on deli salads that you need to know about.
- And find out when the rain finally lets up with your latest 22News Storm Team Forceast.