CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Do you feel like your relationship isn’t quite what it used to be? Clinical Psychologist Dr. Elaine Ducharme shared tips to help you improve your relationships.
10 Tips for a Better Relationship
1. Respect – Speak and act respectfully
2. Trust – Stop checking cell phone and text messages
3. Communicate your needs – Don’t make them guess
4. Listen – Do you know what your partner really wants from you?
5. Take time for intimacy – Too often ignored, not just sex, hold hands, go out for coffee, cook together
6. Accept your partner for who they are – not who you want them to be
7. Admit when you are wrong
8. Laugh together, be silly
9. Don’t lose yourself in the relationship – keep friends and your own interests
10. Don’t be afraid to get professional help – relationships are hard. But relationship skills can be learned. If you and your partner work on becoming better problem solvers your relationship will thrive.