CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Good mental health can help you enjoy life, cope better with problems, and stay in control of your emotions. Dr. Rob Robinson, Clinical Director of Family Care Counseling Associates in Wilbraham, shared tips on how to improve your emotional health!
Tips for Improving Your Mental Health
1. Above all, people with good mental health have the ability to enjoy life.
2. People with good mental health develop emotionally, creatively, intellectually, and spiritually.
3. People with good mental health initiate and sustain mutually satisfying personal relationships.
4. People with good mental health face problems, resolve them and learn from them.
5. They have deserved and authentic self esteem and can be assertive when they need to be.
6. They have empathy for the feelings of others, a key ingredient in emotional intelligence.
7. They use and enjoy solitude.
8. They can play and have fun.
9. They are able to able to laugh at themselves and have the courage to be imperfect.