PITTSFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A father and his 2 and a half-year-old son are homeless following a fire at their home in the Berkshire County city of Pittsfield.
Pittsfield Deputy Fire Chief Keith Phillips told 22News the fire at 163 Cheshire Road started at around 11 o’clock Saturday morning.
The father, 29-year-old Tim Mack was using a butane gas can in the cellar when the vapors were suddenly ignited by the heating element of a clothes drying.
The ceiling caught fire and Mack burned both his arms trying to put the fire out with water. He then went upstairs, grabbed his son, and left the home.
Their both expected to be okay, but the home was too badly damaged to be able to move back in.