Fumes ignite house on fire; father and son homeless

Both are expected to be okay

PITTSFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A father and his 2 and a half-year-old son are homeless following a fire at their home in the Berkshire County city of Pittsfield.

Pittsfield Deputy Fire Chief Keith Phillips told 22News the fire at 163 Cheshire Road started at around 11 o’clock Saturday morning.

The father, 29-year-old Tim Mack was using a butane gas can in the cellar when the vapors were suddenly ignited by the heating element of a clothes drying.

The ceiling caught fire and Mack burned both his arms trying to put the fire out with water. He then went upstairs, grabbed his son, and left the home.

Their both expected to be okay, but the home was too badly damaged to be able to move back in.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s