House fire on James St. in Agawam

agawam fire1

AGAWAM, Mass. (WWLP) – Careless disposal of smoking materials is believed to be the cause of a house fire in Agawam.

Agawam Deputy Fire Chief B.J. Calvi told 22News the fire started just before 9 o’clock Saturday night at 77 James Street in Agawam.

Firefighters were able to limit most of the damage to a sun room in the back of the house. A family of two lives in the home.

Calvi told 22News they will be able to move back in.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s