CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – What makes you happy? Have you ever wondered why? Well there’s a science behind it. Dr. Rob Robinson, Clinical Director of Family Care Counseling Associates in Wilbraham, shared more.
The Science of Happiness
1. Practicing gratitude and forgiveness can improve emotions about the past.
2. Practicing kindness can improve emotions in the present.
3. Counting your blessings each day can improve happiness.
4. Learning to practice the “art of surrendering” and not feeling compelled to defend your point of view can increase happiness and lower tension.
5. Cultivate your relationship with a higher power. Spirituality is a strength
6. Find your “Signature strengths” and design your life to use these strengths regularly.