4 people, 1 dog forced out of North End house by fire

Electrical fire started between second, third floors

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Red Cross is assisting four people who were forced out of their home in Springfield’s North End Friday morning.

Aide to the Fire Commissioner Dennis Leger told 22News that an electrical fire started between the second and third floors of the two family home at 34 Osgood Street in Springfield shortly after 7:00 A.M.

According to Leger, smoke detectors alerted the residents, and they tried to put the fire out with an extinguisher.

All four residents and one dog were able to get of the house without injury. Three people lived on the first floor, one on the second floor.

Comments are closed.