CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Here’s what we’re working on at WWLP.com this afternoon:
- An underground explosion of compressed air has damaged a major Springfield roadway. Check out the video that our 22News crew took of damage to Carew Street after this morning’s explosion. We have also put together a gallery of images from today’s blast.
- Today marks 70 years since Allied troops stormed the beaches of Normandy to begin the liberation of Europe from the Nazis. See how President Obama marked this anniversary, as well as how people right here in western Massachusetts honored those who fought to free a continent.
- A Westfield bridge that has been shut down for years is finally re-opening to traffic.
- Check out this video that a 22News viewer sent us of a backyard bear in Amherst.
- The 22News Storm Team is tracking our chances for sunshine and summer-like temperatures this weekend. Find out how warm it will be with your latest 22News Storm Team Forecast.