Here’s what we’re working on at WWLP.com this afternoon:
- The Springfield Police Department officially has a new leader. John Barbieri was sworn-in this morning during a ceremony at the Old First Church. But amid the celebration, there is a lot of concern in the community following three recent homicides and several other shootings in the city. 22News I-Team reporter Ryan Walsh is finding out what the new commissioner plans to do to make people feel safe.
- Springfield police have released the identity of the person killed in a shooting on Avon Place Wednesday evening.
- A cleaning product in his food is being blamed for a teenager getting sick at an Easthampton restaurant. Find out how the chemical ended up in his food.
- The state lottery provides lots of funds to cities and towns across Massachusetts, but some communities do not get in aid as much as their residents give in terms of ticket sales. 22News reporter Juli McDonald is taking a closer look at which communities benefit a lot, and which ones do not fare as well.
- After a rainy morning across western Massachusetts, see whether things will clear up this afternoon with your latest 22News Storm Team Forecast.