Dunkin’ patron goes for coffee, saves employees

MGNOnline/ Wiki Commons
MGNOnline/ Wiki Commons

CARLE PLACE, N.Y. (AP) — A Dunkin’ Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.

Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.

The tech’s detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.

The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s