CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Want to see America’s Pastime all while helping to fight one of America’s most deadly diseases? Angel Davis, Community Events Specialist for the American Cancer Society and Lynne Bolduc, Event Chair, told us about “Strides Night” at the Valley Blue Sox.
“Strides Night” at the Valley Blue Sox
June 6th 2014 at 6:30pm.
The American Cancer Society has played a role in nearly every major breast cancer research breakthrough in recent history, including:
- Establishing mammography as the standard for breast cancer screening
- Discovering lifesaving treatments, such as Herceptin and Tamoxifen
- Discovering genes that cause breast cancer
- Confirming the knowledge that genetics, body weight, lack of exercise, and alcohol use can increase breast cancer risk by 34 percent.
The dollars you raise help make a difference!
- $20 could help provide one night of lodging for a breast cancer patient and caregiver traveling far away from home for treatment
- $50 could provide seven rides to and from treatment
- $100 could help guide four women facing breast cancer through every step of their breast cancer journey through a specialized kit.