Cigarette caused fire at multi-family home

Belmont St Fire Springfield Pic 1

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A carelessly discarded cigarette started a fire at a multi-family home in the city’s Forest Park neighborhood Monday afternoon, the city’s fire department spokesperson says.

Dennis Leger, aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner, told 22News that the fire started on a second-floor porch at 776 Belmont Avenue just before 2:00 P.M.

No one was hurt in the fire. Leger said that the people total of three people who live on the first and third floors will not be able to return home at this time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s