Two boys injured in indoor firework blast

indoor firework explosion

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Two boys were hurt when a firework exploded inside their Springfield home Sunday night.

Flames in the kitchen of a home at 33 Greenleaf Street in Forest Park set fire to a dish towel. When someone in the home tried the toss the towel out the window, a firework that was being used to prop-open that window exploded.

Springfield Fire Spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News one boy cut his foot, and another burned his hand during the incident.

Neither of the boys had to be taken to the hospital, Leger said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s