PALMER, Mass. (WWLP) - Friday used to be their “busy day” at Vinny’s Pizza in Palmer, but that’s not the case this weekend.
Before fire gutted the popular pizza place on Park Street early Friday morning, customers from several surrounding towns, including Brimfield and Ware, depended on Vinny’s for take-out.
Some local residents communicated their sadness on the 22News Facebook page.
Across street from Vinny’s, feed store owner Mark Haley felt the loss personally, because his family had owned the property long ago.
“They had the restaurant, delicatessen, it was a smoke house and they sold it in the mid 80s and it’s been a restaurant ever since,” Haley said.
Haley and his employees were also loyal customers of Vinny’s.
The restaurant is owned by Angelo Manzi of Springfield.
The state fire marshal determined it was an electrical wiring problem that caused the fire that destroyed the landmark restaurant site.