HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. (WWLP) – Firefighters rescued a woman from a condominium in New York’s Westchester County, just moments before the building exploded.
New York NBC affiliate WNBC-TV reports that the woman was in a second-floor bedroom as fire spread in her condominium. The building exploded afterward, and officials are trying to figure out whether there had been a gas leak.
The woman was treated for smoke inhalation, and was later taken to a nearby hospital to be evaluated. No other injuries were reported, the station says.
Hastings-on-Hudson is a suburb of New York City, located just north of the city of Yonkers.