8 people forced out by electrical fire in Springfield

DAWES FIRE

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – (WWLP) – Springfield fire investigators say an overloaded power strip started a fire that forced eight people out of a two-family home in Springfield’s Mason Square section Monday night.

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger said the fire started in a third floor bedroom at 32-34 Dawes Street at about 6:25 p.m. Monday.

“Eight people are displaced,” Leger told 22News, “The fire damage was on the top floor, and there was extensive water damage to the lower two floors.  No one can stay there.”

Leger said the fire started in an overloaded power strip. No one was hurt.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s