House fire on Page Boulevard in Springfield

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Two families, totaling seven people, are without a place to call home Saturday night after a fire at their apartment.

At around 5:45, a fire started in the second floor kitchen of a two family home at 812 Page Boulevard in Springfield.

Springfield Fire Department Spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News a woman who lived there put some groceries on the stove, not realizing the burner was on.

Everyone made it out of the home safely.

Two cats were rescued.

The Red Cross is helping the family find a temporary place to stay.

blog comments powered by Disqus