BOSTON (WWLP) – The Boston Bruins defeated the Montreal Canadiens in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Eastern Conference Semifinals. The series is now tied 2-2.
The game started at 7:30 p.m. in Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec.
FINAL SCORE: Boston Bruins 1, Montreal Canadiens 0, Overtime
The Canadiens won Game 3 against the Bruins, 4-2, and took the lead in the series. The Bruins had tied the series after rallying back being down 2 in the 3rd period and winning Game 2 against the Canadiens, 5-3.The Bruins had fallen short of a comeback in Game 1 after falling 2-0 in the first two periods and then forcing not one but two overtimes; the Canadiens won with a 4-3 victory.
The Bruins defeated the Detroit Red Wings in the First Round of the playoffs, 4-1, while the Canadiens swept the Tampa Bay Lightning, 4-0. Now, the two teams face each other in the Second Round; this is the 34th time the Bruins and Canadiens are going head to head in the playoffs. In previous match-ups the Canadiens have won 24 and the Bruins won 9. The Bruins won the last series against the Canadiens in the 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs, 4-3.
- Related: Bruins, Canadiens to renew rivalry
The Bruins hope to make it back to the Stanley Cup Championship after losing a heart breaking loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 6 last season. If not for two quick goals from the Blackhawks within seconds of each other, in the final quarter, Bruins might have had a chance to win it all by forcing a Game 7.
Click Here to sign up for Sports Text Alerts.
NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Schedule (Round 2):
- Thursday, May 1st – Montreal Canadiens 4, Boston Bruins 2, 2OT LOSS
- Saturday, May 3rd – Montreal Canadiens 3, Boston Bruins 5, WIN
- Tuesday, May 6th – Boston Bruins 4, Montreal Canadiens 2, LOSS
- Thursday, May 8th – Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 10th – Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins, 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 12th – Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens, TBD
- Wednesday, May 14th – Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins, TBD