Careless disposal of a cigarette said to have started porch fire

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP)- Fire officials say that the careless disposal of a cigarette started a porch fire.

Executive Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner, Dennis Leger told 22News that firefighters responded to the report of a fire at 12 Bosworth Street at 11:06 p.m.

Firefighters arrived within a couple of minutes to find the porch of the two-story single family wood home on fire.  The fire was contained to the porch and put out within a short period of time, Leger said.

No one was hurt.

The residents are still able to stay in the home.

Firefighters determined that the fire was started from careless disposal of smoking materials, Leger said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s