Culver City, CALIF. – Who might be the greatest JEOPARDY! champion of the past 30 years? America will find out when 15 of the show’s top contestants from the ’80s, ’90s, and ’00s return once more to the JEOPARDY! stage to vie for the $1 million Battle of the Decades Tournament grand prize. The final rounds begin May 5, with the two day final match airing May 15-16.
“I’ve been hosting JEOPARDY! for 30 years, and I have to say that the Battle of the Decades has been the most fun tournament we have ever staged,” said JEOPARDY! host Alex Trebek. “The game material is incredibly challenging and the stakes are extremely high, yet the contestants brought humor and light to the proceedings. I know our viewers will enjoy watching it as much as I did hosting it, and look forward to hearing their reactions.”
The champion will claim the $1 million grand prize, while second place wins a minimum of $100,000 and third place takes home a minimum of $50,000. The contestant match-ups for the first week are as follows:
Monday, May 5 – Quarterfinal 1
- Robin Carroll (’90s) Atlanta, Ga.
- Roger Craig (’00s) Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Leszek Pawlowicz (’80s) Flagstaff, Ariz.
Tuesday, May 6 – Quarterfinal 2
- Pam Mueller (’90s) Princeton, N.J.
- Tom Nosek (’80s) Torrance, Calif.
- Russ Schumacher (’00s) Fort Collins, Colo.
Wednesday, May 7 – Quarterfinal 3
- Mark Lowenthal (’80s) Reston, Va.
- Dan Pawson (’00s) Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Brad Rutter (’90s) Los Angeles, Calif.
Thursday, May 8 – Quarterfinal 4
- Tom Cubbage (’80s) Arlington, Va.
- Ken Jennings (’00s) Seattle, Wash.
- Rachael Schwartz (’90s) Mountain View, Calif.
Friday, May 9 – Quarterfinal 5
- Colby Burnett (’00s) Chicago, Ill.
- Mark Dawson (’90s) Chamblee, Ga.
- Chuck Forrest (’80s) Rome, Italy
JEOPARDY!, America’s Favorite Quiz Show® and its host, Alex Trebek, are celebrating 30 years of “answers and questions.” The top-rated quiz show in syndication, JEOPARDY! has become a pop culture phenomenon and holds the Guinness World Record for the most Emmy awards won by a TV game show (30 Emmys). In 2014, JEOPARDY! won the inaugural Writers Guild of America award for Outstanding Writing for Quiz and Audience Participation; it is also the recipient of a 2011 Peabody Award. JEOPARDY! is produced by Sony Pictures Television, a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company; it is distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and internationally by CBS Television International, both units of CBS Corp. For more information, please visit Jeopardy.com.