CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Should you be taking a multi-vitamin? What should we avoid? Health and Wellness Coach Tamra Geryk helped to teach us about vitamins.
VITAMINS 101: Intro to Vitamins
Multi Vitamins fill in nutritional gaps and act as an “insurance policy” – Just in case you aren’t getting the nutrients you need from your diet. Support for overall health and wellness. Come in a variety of products – Based on age, gender, or dietary needs.
Fish Oil is vital for overall health, including cardiovascular health, joint health, healthy brain function, and healthy inflammation response. Includes the “good fats” – omega 3, 6, 9, EPA, and DHA.
Calcium is a mineral that is important for healthy bones, heart, muscles and nerve function. Your body needs vitamin D to absorb calcium, so it is important to choose a calcium that includes vitamin D.
When Possible Choose:
• Highest Quality/Purest Ingredients – no fillers or additives.
• Whole Foods -most recognizable by the body.
• Organic & Non GMO – pure and clean.
For Optimal Health:
1. Eat a healthy diet including whole, unprocessed foods.
2. Make sure to get Regular Exercise.
3. Choose a Multi Vitamin, Fish Oil, Calcium right for you -read the label, check for fillers, quality of ingredients and sourcing.
The contents of this information are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard during this show.