CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – You can delight your Mom this Mother’s Day with a delicious homemade dish! Lelslie Lynn Lucio from Beets and Barley.com and her daughter Thu joined us to show you how to make mini frittatas with spinach and goat cheese.
Mini frittatas with spinach and goat cheese
1 small garlic clove
3/4 cups of chopped spinach
¼ cup of milk
1 teaspoon of thyme
¼ cup of goat cheese (or any other cheese)
Salt and pepper for seasoning(about ¼ teaspoon of salt)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350◦F. Chop garlic and spinach. Make sure to rinse your spinach and remove stems.
2. Chop garlic and heat in a little olive oil for about a minute, then add spinach until it welts, about a minute or two. Move aside
3. Whisk eggs, milk, and thyme together. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
4. Spray or put olive oil in muffin tins then add spinach mixture, then egg mixture. Top with goat cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly browned.
Cinnamon French toast with whip cream and berries
Ingredients for whip cream:
¾ cups of heavy cream
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
¼ teaspoon of vanilla
¼ cup of milk or heavy cream
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
4 slices of bread
Toppings: berries and/or pecans
1. For making the whip cream: Add ingredients to a jar with only filling it half-way, make sure lid is tightened. Shake vigorously for about two minutes and then check on progress. It will turn from liquid to whip cream. Check on progress after two minutes, don’t shake too long or you might make butter! Put aside for French toast.
2. For making French toast: Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon and salt together. Place in a shallow pan or bowl. Add slices of bread to egg mixture and soak while heating butter in a pan. Add bread to hot pan and then cook each side until a little brown on both sides.
3. Serve warm with your homemade whip cream and mixed berries and toasted nuts.