No threat found in bomb scare at Kennedy M.S.

INDIAN ORCHARD, Mass. (WWLP) – Students were evacuated from a Springfield middle school Thursday afternoon after police received reports of a bomb threat.

Dennis Leger, aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner, told 22News that just after 1:00 P.M., the fire department was notified by state police that there had been a bomb threat made to John F. Kennedy Middle School on Berkshire Avenue in Indian Orchard.

Leger said that students were evacuated, and the Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad searched the building.

Nothing suspicious was found, and student were let back inside just before 1:30, Leger said.

blog comments powered by Disqus