BOSTON (WWLP) – The Boston Bruins defeated the Detroit Red Wings 4-2, and will advance to the next round of the Eastern Conference playoff.
The Bruins have taken control of the series versus the Red Wings after winning Game 4, 3-2, in overtime. The Bruins had a 3-0 win over the Red Wings in Game 3, which is when they took the lead in the series, after tying in Game 2 and losing in Game 1.
These two teams haven’t met in the playoffs since 1957. The Bruins enter the first round of the playoffs as the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, while the Red Wings clawed their way into the No. 8 seed.
However, during the 2013-2014 NHL Regular Season, the Red Wings won 3 of 4 games from the Bruins, including two one-goal victories. So winning the first round will not necessarily be easy for the Bruins.
The Bruins hope to make it back to the Stanley Cup Championship after losing a heart breaking loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 6 last season. If not for two quick goals from the Blackhawks within seconds of each other, in the final quarter, Bruins might have had a chance to win it all by forcing a Game 7.
Click Here to sign up for Sports Text Alerts.
NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Schedule (Round 1):
- Friday, April 18th – Detroit Red Wings 1, Boston Bruins 0 (LOSS)
- Sunday, April 20th – Detroit Red Wings 1, Boston Bruins 4 (WIN)
- Tuesday, April 22nd – Boston Bruins 3, Detroit Red Wings 0 (WIN)
- Thursday, April 24th – Boston Bruins 3, Detroit Red Wings 2, OT (WIN)
- Saturday, April 26th – Detroit Red Wings at Boston Bruins (3:00 p.m.)
- Monday, April 28th – Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (TBD)
- Wednesday, April 30th – Detroit Red Wings at Boston Bruins (TBD)