CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) There is nothing better than a cold beverage on a warm day. Registered Dietitian Laura Christoph showed us how to make something healthier than an iced coffee that will still give you energy.
Healthy Smoothies Contain:
1 Serving Protein
1 Serving Veggies
1 Serving Fruit
1 Serving Healthy Fat
Chia Energy Drink
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice, or to taste
- Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup (or a drop or 2 of stevia if you are going low carb)
1. Add chia and water into a jar or glass and stir very well to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to swell up (you can also combine the chia with ½ cup water the night before and let it soak).
2. Add lime or lemon juice and sweetener to taste. Stir well to combine and enjoy!
Matcha Green Tea Iced Latte
- 12 ounces milk or coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener if desired
- To make it high protein: add in 1-2 scoops whey powder
- Ice cubes
1. Add matcha powder to milk and stir well (Or if you would like, add in some ice and put in a blender for an iced blended latte!)