HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – Detectives from the Holyoke Police Narcotics/Vice Unit arrested a person who they claim to be a “known member of the La Familia street gang” on gun charges.
According to Holyoke Police Lt. Jim Albert, 27-year-old Joshua Marrero, aka Wachezy, was arrested at gunpoint on April 19th after police saw him exit a car during a traffic stop and ran away holding a pistol.
Police recovered a fully loaded “Lorcin” Model L .380 cal semi-automatic pistol with 7 rounds of ammunition loaded within the chamber and magazine. The serial number on the gun was defaced, said Lt. Albert.
Marrero was charged with the following:
- Carrying/Possession of a Firearm w/out a License to carry
- Possession of Ammunition w/out an FID Card
- Carrying/Possession of a Loaded Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm with a Mutilated Serial Number during a Felony
- Breach While Armed (Dangerous Weapon) – Handgun
- Breach While Armed (Dangerous Weapon) – Knife
Marrero was arraigned early Tuesday in Holyoke District Court.
Detectives from the Holyoke Police Narcotics/Vice Unit were assisted by members of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Task Force and the Holyoke Police Gang Suppression Unit, under the direction of Sergeant Daniel Reardon.