BOSTON (WWLP) – From the world’s most elite runners to people running the famous 26.2 mile course for the first time, thousands of people are taking part in the 118th Boston Marathon, a historic show of athleticism and resilience.
Since last week, 22News has been providing you with complete team coverage of this year’s Marathon, and will continue to bring you updates throughout the day on-air and here on WWLP.com.
THE MARATHON ROUTE:
The challenging course begins in the center of Hopkinton, and continues through Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, and Brookline, before ending on Boylston Street in Boston.
- VIDEO: View from above the Marathon route
- VIDEO: The Marathon Route in 12 minutes
- 22News breaks down the Boston Marathon route
WHO IS RUNNING:
22News has been bringing you inspiring stories of people who are taking part in this year’s marathon
- Hoyts’ last Marathon caps legacy of inclusion
- In their words: First responders running the Marathon
- WMass runners ready to take part in historic Marathon
TRACKING THE RUNNERS:
If you know somebody running in this year’s race, or wish to follow the progress of 22News reporter Laura Hutchinson, you can find out more about a special tracking tool set up by the Boston Athletic Association.
- Interactive: If you go guide
- What not to bring to the Boston Marathon
- Photos: Boston Marathon security from the sky
- Marathon security increased in the sky and on the ground
- A look at security on the ground for the Marathon
HOW PEOPLE ARE RECOVERING FROM LAST YEAR:
- Businesses near bombing site reflect on tragedy, look ahead
- Marathon triage doctor reflecting on tragedy
HOW A MARATHON AFFECTS YOU: