Springfield house fire has 8 people looking for shelter

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Red Cross assisted five adults and three children burned out of their Washburn Street home in Springfield Monday night.

Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner Dennis Leger told 22News the fire gutted the kitchen at 39 Washburn Street a little before 7:00 p.m. Monday.

Leger said investigators traced the problem to a malfunctioning electrical cord to the stove.

No one was hurt.

blog comments powered by Disqus