Easter weekend sadness after a house fire in Chicopee


CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A Chicopee family suffered an Easter weekend tragedy Saturday. A fire severely damaged their home Saturday afternoon and killed their two pets.
The couple and their three children were not home when the fire started at 247 Langevin Street in Chicopee’s Fairview neighborhood. The fire killed their dog and cat.

Deputy Chief Joseph Crevier told 22News the Pioneer Valley Red Cross Disaster Relief Team offered to help find the homeless family a place to stay, but the fire victims are instead considering staying with friends or relatives.

There’s no word what started the fire.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s