CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Need some last minute dessert ideas for Easter? Food and Entertainment Expert Liz Corbett showed us how to make some easy and adorable Easter treats and showed us some fun ways to decorate your Easter tables!
No Bake Birds’ Nests
6 ounces (1/2 bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 ounces (1/2 bag) of butterscotch chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 ounces (1/2 of a large bag) of chow mein noodles
36 mini egg shaped candies
1. Generously grease the wells of a muffin pan with butter
2. In a large microwave-proof bowl, heat the chocolate and butterscotch chips in 30 second intervals until thoroughly melted, stirring after each increment.
3. Once melted, add the peanut butter to the chocolate/butterscotch mixture, mixing well until smooth and completely combined.
4. Carefully add the chow mein noodles, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula, until completely coated.
5. Using a large spoon, mold the mixture into the wells of your muffin tin, indenting the tops slightly with the back of the spoon.
6. Chill the nests until hardened, about 1 hour
7. Once chilled, gently remove the nests from the muffin tin.
8. Place three egg shaped candies on the tops of each nest.