Digestive health may well be the key to our overall health. Craig Fear is a Certified Nutritional Therapist from PVNutritionalTherapy.com and showed us ways to fight IBS.
Tips for Improving Digestive Health:
- Eliminating sugar and processed foods
- Reducing grains b/c they’re both starchy and difficult to digest if not properly prepared.
- Eating healthy fats which help reduce cravings for #1 and #2
- Consume more fermented foods which are Nature’s true probiotics such as sauerkraut, pickles and kimchi
- Consume more homemade stock-based soups b/c they’re full of gut healing nutrients like minerals, amino acids and gelatin.
About Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion, meaning it’s diagnosed when other problems are ruled out like IBD (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis) or celiac disease. Symptoms include abdominal bloating, pain, irregular stools and alternating constipation and diarrhea.