DALLAS (WWLP) – The Basketball Hall of Fame’s Class of 2014 was announced in a news conference in Dallas Monday morning.
Some of the new inductees are:
- Seven-time All-Star and two-time Defensive Player of the Year Alonzo Mourning.
- Mitch Richmond, one of the NBA’s premier shooting guards in the 1990s.
- Former Maryland and Boston College head basketball coach Gary Williams, who won more than 600 games, including Maryland’s only National Championship in 2002.
- Former Arkansas Coach Nolan Richardson, who won a national championship with the Razorbacks, and had over 500 wins in his collegiate coaching career.
- Recently retired N-B-A Commissioner David Stern.
- Both Nathaniel “Sweetwater” Clifton and Guy Rodgers were honored posthumously.
- Bob “Slick” Leonard who led the Indiana Pacers franchise to its only championships and won the most games in American Basketball Association history.
- Lithuania star Sarunas Marciulionis was also selected by various committees.
The entire Hall Of Fame Class of 2014 will be enshrined in Springfield on August 8th.