Man taken to hospital following fire in Springfield

rest way fire

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – One man was taken to the hospital Sunday morning after a fire at a mobile home in Springfield.

The man reportedly inhaled smoke during a fire just before dawn this morning at 42 Rest Way in the city’s Pine Point neighborhood.

Fire department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News, the people who live there had apparently stepped away after starting to make breakfast on the stove.

The fire spread to the rest of the kitchen. The Pioneer Valley Red Cross emergency disaster team offered to help the family.

The man who inhaled the smoke was taken to Mercy Medical Center to be treated.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s