Shed in Hampden fire contained 500 gallons of heating fuel

hampden fire2

HAMPDEN, Mass. (WWLP) –  New information Sunday night on an earlier shed fire in the town of Hampden.

The Hampden Fire Department told 22News there were 500 gallons of home heating fuel stored inside the shed on 321 Wilbraham Road that became engulfed in flames this afternoon.

Luckily, the fire that started just before 3:30 this afternoon, was put out before the fuel ignited.

The owner of the shed had a permit to keep and sell the heating fuel.

hampden fire3 Hampden fire

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s