Student fell to death after eating pot cookie

(KUSA) An international student who died while visiting Colorado for spring break had ingested a marijuana cookie before falling to his death at a Denver hotel, according to a just-released autopsy report from the Denver County Coroner’s Office.

Levy Thamba Pongi, 19, was from the Republic of Congo and had started taking classes at Northwest College in Powell, Wyoming this year.

Toxicology tests reveal his blood contained 7.2 ng/ml of the active component of THC. In Colorado, 5 ng/ml is considered the lower threshold for driving under the influence of drugs.

The autopsy report says Pongi started acting angry after eating the cookie. It says he began pulling things off the wall. His friends tried to calm him down, but Pongi jumped out of bed, ran to the balcony and jumped over the railing, according to the report.

Read more: http://on9news.tv/1sceo6m

blog comments powered by Disqus