CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Tissue paper, contact paper and some scissors is all you need to make a fun craft at home with your family! Zeena Hutchinson, owner of Art Alive in Amherst showed us how to make a Tissue Paper “Stained Glass” Rainbow.
Tissue Paper “Stained Glass” Rainbow
Black construction paper
Colorful tissue paper
Clear contact paper
1. Cut a silhouette out of the black construction paper. Keep it simple. It doesn’t have to be a rainbow.
2. Cut the inside of the shape out, so that it resembles a frame.
3. Place the black frame flat on the contact paper and trim the excess contact paper around the edges of your shape. Set aside.
4. Cut or tear the tissue paper into small pieces. I use squares but the don’t have to be perfect. The smaller the pieces, the more detail you can add to your design.
5. Place the small pieces of tissue paper on the sticky side of the contact paper. Have some creativity here, be random or create a pattern. Fill in the whole shape right up and beyond the edges just a bit.
6. Place another piece of contact paper on top of your design and trim the excess contact paper around the edges.
You now have a beautiful piece of “stained glass” to hang in the window. This rainbow will brighten anyone’s rainy day :)