CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – One of the best ways to use up leftovers is to make a quiche. It’s quick and easy and will save your family money! Chef John Slattery, from Four Main Street Restaurant in Huntington showed us how to make a salmon and asparagus quiche.
Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
10 -16 ounces asparagus spears, fresh
1/4 cup scallion /Green Onion, diced
1/3 cup carrots shredded
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
Fresh parsley, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon basil
10 – 16 oz cooked Flaked Salmon
1 (9 inch) pie crust, unbaked
1. Wash and trim off ends of asparagus and microwave or cook until crisp-tender. Drain well and set aside 6 spears.
2. Cut remaining asparagus in 1 1/2″ pieces and arrange in bottom of pie shell.
3. Combine eggs & milk, add flour, mix well then fold in seasonings, salmon carrots and scallions.
4. Pour salmon mixture over asparagus in unbaked pie shell. Arrange remaining 6 asparagus spears in spoke-like design over all, trimming ends if necessary to get this
5. Bake at 425°F for 35-45 minutes until set.
Cream of Green Spring Soup:
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
2 cups green vegetables (we used broccoli & asparagus)
½ cup chopped onion
4 cups cream
Chicken or vegetable stock, as needed
1. Sauté vegetables and onion in butter.
2. Add flour and stir.
3. Add cream and stir.
4. Add stock until you get your desired thickness.