SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield Fire investigators said a furnace fire burned the interior of a Sixteen Acres mobile home, forcing the occupant to find some place else to stay Tuesday night.
Dennis Leger, executive aide to the Springfield fire commissioner told 22News that Arson and Bomb Squad investigators determined the furnace motor overheated and started the fire just after 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at 7 Better Way.
The occupant was not at home, but arrived after firefighters had put out the flames.
“He refused help from the Red Cross,” Leger told 22News. “He’s going to stay with relatives.”
No one was hurt.