Chicopee fire leaves man homeless

WWLP
WWLP

CHICOPEE, Mass (WWLP) – One man was left homeless after a  fire caused severe damage at his home on 275 Broadway Street in Chicopee Falls Friday night.

Fire Department Captain Edward Marcoux told 22News, the blaze began in the basement and worked its way up to the first floor.

Captain Marcoux said there was heavy smoke as well as fire damage to the three story home.

The condition of the house made it impossible for the owner to continue living there. He had been the only person in the building when the fire began.

A section of Broadway Street had to be shut down for several hours because of the intensity of the fire.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s